Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Resolutions Revisited

My 2013 resolutions: 
1) Two Retribution 35pt SteamRoller list built and painted, 
2) Blaize 35pt SteamRoller list with everything painted, 
3) Cygnar 35pt SteamRoller list built and painted, 
4) Infinity Yu Jing (200pts) army built and painted, 
5) Blood Bowl team painted, 
and 6) a Games Workshop army will be painted. 

What was I thinking when I came up with this list?

Let me examine what I have at this point:
1) Two Retribution 35pt SteamRoller lists: I do have 2 lists, one with Ossyan and another with Ravyn.  Both lists got some play and practice, with paint being added to models up until June.  I'll get to that later.
2) Blaize list: This didn't get touched over the year.
3) Cygnar list: This also didn't get touched this year.  
4) Infinity Yu Jing: This army was assembled and played, but the painting effort stalled.  I'll have to really rethink my time and effort working on this army.
5) Blood Bowl: I bought some blocking dice to play Blood Bowl.  That was the extent of the work on Blood Bowl.  
6) GW Army: I did start and paint up 1000pts worth of Raven Guard.  We got in a game of 1500pts with most of my Raven Guard Army.  There have been some fixes and updates to the list to fine-tune the game play and the mix of units to have it work to my play-style and the fluff.

June was the dividing point to the hobby work and life.  The unexpected house purchase and subsequent move played havoc over gaming sessions and modeling sessions.  However, after 6 months, I am now able to get in some modeling since most of the house has been unpacked or cleaned up.

In addition to our games, a couple more different games have been added.  In December, we've played a couple of games of X-Wing.  This is a game that gives us some fun, doesn't take much to play, and is convenient to travel with.  Also in 2013, I heavily invested into a couple Kickstarters, specifically the Robotech RPG Tactics, Mantic's Deadzone, and Defiance Games' Powered Armored Hardsuits.  Someone also picked up Battletech Alpha Strike, a faster version of the Battletech game that is more miniatures game than the hex-map version that we grew up on.   The basics are virtually there, but this version will allow a company engagement to take a couple of hours versus the days using the original Battletech rules.

2014 will bring some new games into play, a return to some of our old games, and a plan to be more consistent and play more.  Hopefully I can host a couple more gaming days/nights as we start settling into a more consistent routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment